- CUAS is a member of the so-called „Bündnis nachhaltiger Hochschulen“ (Alliance of Sustainable Universities). Members are committed to reducing their ecological footprint, sharing experiences and resources and bundling their competences.
- At a meeting of the presidents of UAS4EUROPE on 23.02.2021, the Austrian Association of Universities of Applied Sciences signed a declaration in which it states that sustainability is a key driver for the development of future-oriented Universities of Applied Sciences. The network aims to use its position in Europe to strengthen the role and visibility of Universities of Applied Sciences in their engagement for the SDGs.
- As the first University of Applied Sciences in Austria, CUAS has been able to conclude a cooperation agreement with the renowned Climate Change Center Austria (CCCA) for 2022. The CCCA is a network agent and mouthpiece for Austrian climate & climate impact research as well as a point of contact for climate change issues. This new partnership is open to all researchers and teachers at Carinthia University of Applied Sciences who are involved in the topic of climate change.
- CUAS is a member of the Network „Verantwortung zeigen“ (“showing responsibility”). About 80 companies work together on solutions to link economy and society in a more sustainable and responsible way.
- Moreover, there are several initiatives that CUAS various study degree programs are taking in their own areas of expertise.