- Research group FUCOSO (Future Concrete Solutions): works on making construction more sustainable
- Research group CONNA (Construction Needs Nature): implements innovative technologies and concepts to use and protect natural and renewable resources.
- Project CLEANSTONE: focuses on reducing dust when mining rocks in quarries.
- Project ETIFOR: aims to certify a transnational area between Tarvisio (Italy) and the “Nassfeld” (Austria) according to the GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council) standards.
- As part of a project, students of the architecture program at the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences developed a completely new, holistic approach to social housing.
- Architecture students of the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences were awarded by the Federal Chamber of Civil Engineers* for their research work. The prizes were awarded with a view to the future challenges of architecture. The topics of sustainability, social building, inner development and migration are becoming increasingly important. The research prizes now awarded confirm the expertise of the CUAS architecture program in these areas.
The project "Smart Dag" brought to the UAS by Mag. Stefan Breuer to the UAS has received the funding award of the tender "Technologies and Innovations for the Climate Neutral City 2022". The project, led by the Climate and Environmental Protection Department of the City of Klagenfurt, deals with the renovation of 200 apartments in the area of affordable housing. It is the first time in Carinthia that an existing urban neighborhood is being developed holistically, taking into account social and climate aspects, in order to make a sustainable contribution to the SDGs.