Modeling of business processes (ILV)Back
|Specialization Area||Intercultural Management|
|Semester of degree program||Semester 3|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
After successful completion of the course, students:
- Explain and exemplarily apply the basic principles of business process management (GPM) and business process modeling,
- Are able to identify, model and optimize business processes,
- Know about event-driven process chain (EPK) modeling by using the program ARIS (target range procurement management and/or processes from the range operational procurement),
- Can explain Workflows and Workflow management systems and can call their advantages and disadvantages
In the course "Modelling of business processes" the following topics/contents are covered:
- Teaching the general basics of business process management
- Students are taught the basics of modelling in ARIS, especially the concept of event-driven process chains.
- Practical work with the ARIS system based on some real-life examples
- Principles of workflow management
- Explanation of the connection resp. the difference to the business process
Allweyer, T. (2009): BPMN - Business Process Modeling Notation: Einführung in den Standard für die Geschäftsprozessmodellierung. 1. Auflage. o.O.: Books on Demand.
Lehmann, F. (2007): Integrierte Prozessmodellierung mit ARIS. 1. Auflage. Heidelberg: dpunkt.verlag.
Schmelzer, H.J./Sesselmann, W. (2007): Geschäftsprozessmanagement in der Praxis: Kunden zufrieden stellen - Produktivität steigern - Wert erhöhen. 6. Auflage. München: Carl Hanser Verlag GmbH & CO. KG.
Moderated group work, lecture, discussion, case study work
Cumulative module examination
The module grade is calculated weighted by the ECTS credits of the individual courses of the module and results as follows:
ILV "Modelling of business processes" - 2 ECTS Credits
Assessment type: Continuous assessment
Assessment method/s: Participation in class, written final exam