Project (I) Prerequisites and Project Domains (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presence- and Telecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
Students know the (technical) foundations of software version management systems and are familiar with their specific possibilities.
They are able to configure automatic build systems and use them efficiently the context of automated tests.
They understand the specific challenges of data science projects emerging in different domains like medical, multimedia, geospatial, and network communication areas.
The module covers the following topics/contents:
Software management systems
- Tools for version management
- Working with repositories
- Unit testing
- Test-driven software development
- Use cases and typical data sources in the medical domain
- Use cases and typical data sources in the multimedia domain
- Use cases and typical data sources in the geospatial domain
- Use cases and typical data sources in the network communication domain
Lecture script as provided in the course (required)
Vijayakumaran S., (2019). Versionsverwaltung mit Git: Praxiseinstieg. mitp Professional, 2. Auflage, ISBN-13: 978-3747500422
Khorikov, V., (2020) Unit Testing:Principles, Practices and Patterns. Manning Publications, ISBN-13: 978-1617296277
Beck, K., (2002). Test Driven Development: By Example. Addison-Wesley Professional, ISBN-13: 978-0321146533
Integrated course - teaching & discussion, demonstration and practical examples in form of a lecture series
Written report and in-class presentation of a possible data science project on one of the presented domains. Setup of a working repository.