Medical terminology and classification (VÜ)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||German|
The students have acquired basic knowledge and skills in dealing with the medical terminology, enabling them to follow the courses offered, to understand the relevant literature and to participate in the internal communication in a linguistically correct manner both in writing and during oral presentations. The students are able to understand and apply important basic terms, word components, orthographic and syntactic principles of medical (Greek, Latin) terminology. In addition, they also master the essential medical terms in English.
- Characteristics of medical terminology (technical terms - German, Latin, Greek, English)
- Nomenclature: scientific designation and classification system
- Special features of medical terms in the German and English jargon
- Latin grammar and analysis of medical terms (declination of Latin nouns, adjectives, verbs)
- Anatomical position and direction designations
- Linguistic elements of medical Terms
- Medical terms in English
- Fundamentals of job-specific (such as biomedical -technological, logopedic, midwife-specific, etc.) terminology (English, German)
Fangerau H. et al. (2017): Medizinische Terminologie - ein Kompaktkurs, Lehmanns Media; oder andere Auflagen: Essen, Woeste Druck und Verlag, 2006, 2007
Lackner C. & Caspar W. (2007), Medizinische Terminologie: Lehr- und Arbeitsbuch, Thieme;
Books, journals and websites according to the current state of knowledge in the respective fields.