Fundamentals of HR (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 2|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
On successful completion of the course, students:
- Can work on personnel management problems in the company
- Develop an understanding of changing social conditions and their impact on human resources work
- Understand the strategic importance of personnel management as an essential part of corporate management
- Understand the methods and instruments of personnel planning, recruiting, personnel deployment, personnel assessment, personnel remuneration, personnel retention and personnel reduction
- Strengthen their ability to work in a team by working together on selected in-depth topics from the field of personnel management
- Are able to reflect on subject-specific texts and derive relevant action requirements from them.
- Develop an understanding of changing social conditions and their effects on the social system organization.
- Can carry out case study analyses and reflections of business management and labor law texts (e.g. sample service contracts) under guidance
The course "Fundamentals of Human Resource Management" provides an introduction to the goals, tasks, strategies and methods of human resource management.
Changing social conditions are taken into account as well as the strategic importance of personnel management as an essential pillar of corporate management.
In addition to the strategic aspects, emphasis is placed on
- processes and instruments of personnel planning
- personnel marketing and recruiting
- personnel appraisal,
- the design of remuneration systems and
- personnel management and staff reduction.
Bartscher, Th./Stöckl, J./Träger, Th. (2012): Personalmanagement. Grundlagen, Handlungsfelder, Praxis. München: Pearson Deutschland.
Holtbrügge, D. (2013): Personalmanagement. 5. Auflage. Wiesbaden: Springer Fachverlag.
Moderated group work, lecture, discussion, reflection paper, lecture by and discussion with business experts
Integrated module examination
Assessment type: Continuous assessment
Assessment method/s: The three courses from the module are all assessed on the following basis:
Reflection paper on a presentation by an external expert from the business world
Final written examination