Studies in Biomedical Engineering (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 3|
|Mode of delivery||Presence- and Telecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
• The Students have knowledge of concepts extended to descriptive methods relevant to the field of Biomedical Engineering and AAL
• They Detailed knowledge concerning usage of parametric and non-parametric testing methods
• Further students will have a profound knowledge concerning study and trial planning and practical implementation
• Extended descriptive methods relevant for the field of Biomedical Engineering and AAL as well as classification evaluation (Kappa, Bland Altman, ROC, confusion matrices)
• Usage of the normal probability distribution including standard normal curve calculations of appropriate areas, sampling distributions of statistics, central limit theorem, sampling distribution of sample mean, normal approximation to the binomial distribution, and statistics that passes normal sampling distributions. Knowledge of the process to examine large sample tests of hypothesis including elements of a hypothesis test, type I and II errors, and using p values to indicate significance tests for population proportion and difference between two population proportions. Strategies to state and define the inference from small samples including difference between two means, paired differences, population variances, and two population variances.
• Design experiments for the process of random sampling.
• Use analysis of variance (ANOVA) techniques to test the equality of two or more means.
• Non-parametric statistical testing methods
• Lecture script as provided in the course (required)
• W. Härdle and L. Simar: Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis. 5th ed., Springer, 2019
• P. Bruce and A. Bruce: Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50+ Essential Concepts Using R and Python. O'Reilly, 2020
• A. Field and J. Miles: Discovering Statistics Using R. Sage Publications, 2012tion, classification) in the field of Motion Analysis. They will have knowledge concerning practical implementation and deployment chain on mobile solutions.
Integrated course - teaching & discussion, guest lectures by specialists, demonstration, exercises and practical examples in the lab, home work
Immanent examination character: presentation, assignment reports, written/oral exam