Project (I) - Prerequisites and Project Domains (PA)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presence- and Telecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
Students have skills in setting up a project as well as about ethical considerations (lecture).
The focus of this project is on data acquisition in relation to disturbance variables and the achievement of homogeneous data. Students are proficient in basic terms of data acquisition, especially in the field of medical technology.
Students understand the specific challenges of medical data acquisition.
The module covers the following topics/contents:
• Ethical considerations in medical research
• How to setup a project - from data perspective
• Working with medical data
• Evaluation of data quality
• Lecture script as provided in the course (required)
• WMA Declaration of Helsinki - Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects, 1964-2013
• S.H. Zaidi: Ethics in Medicine. Springer, 2014
• S.M. Liao: Ethics of Artificial Intelligence. Oxford University Press 2020
• O. C. Ferrell and J. Fraedrich: Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making and Cases. Cengage Learning, 2021
Integrated course - teaching & discussion, demonstration, practical examples and project work
Written report and in-class presentation of a possible data science project.