Introduction to Private Law (ILV)Back
Mag.Michael Wohlgemuth , LL.M.
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
On successful completion of the course, students:
- Understand the institution of the contract and can recognize deficiencies in intent and performance and derive their legal consequences
- Know the prerequisites for contractual claims for damages
- Know the conditions under which property is transferred to another person and know the rights of a legal owner or owner of property
- Know how a lien/mortgage is effectively established and understand the difference between personal and real security interests
The course will cover the following topics/content:
- Legal personality, legal transaction, contract
- Defects of will, warranty
- Damages, property law
Bydlinski, P. (2017): Grundzüge des Privatrechts. 9. Auflage. Wien: Manz Verlag.
Schwimann, M. (2019): Bürgerliches Recht für Anfänger (Skriptum). 13. Auflage. Wien: LexisNexis Verlag.
Welser, R./Kletecka, A. (2018): Grundriss des Bürgerlichen Rechts Band I. 15. Auflage. Wien: Manz Verlag.
Welser, R./Zöchling-Jud, B. (2020): Grundriss des Bürgerlichen Rechts Band II. 15. Auflage. Wien: Manz Verlag.
Moderated group work, lecture, case work
Cumulative module examination
The module grade is calculated weighted by the ECTS credits of the individual courses (ILV - integrated lecture) of the module and results as follows:
ILV "Introduction to Private Law" - 3 ECTS
Assessment type: Final assessment
Assessment method/s: Written final examination