Data Engineering (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 2|
|Mode of delivery||Presence- and Telecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
The students are able to design modern architectures for processing big data.
They are familiar with different approaches and are able to test and operate suchlarge-scale processing systems.
They are able to provide the collected data by programming and configuring interfaces.
The module covers the following topics/contents:
- Data preparation (Data Wrangling)
- Interoperability and scripting (interfaces)
- Management and monitoring of data and data sources
- Cloud-based infrastructures of data-intensive software development
- Tools and Technologies
- Data and text mining
- Generation of data (data simulation)
- Dimension reduction techniques
Lecture script as provided in the course (required)
McKinney, W., (2017). Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython. O'Reilly UK Ltd., 2nd edition
VanderPlas, J., (2016). Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for working with Data. O'Reilly UK Ltd., 1st edition
Integrated course - teaching & discussion, demonstration, practical examples, home work
Immanent examination character:presentation, assignment reports, written/oral exam