Export & International Business (ILV)Back
|Specialization Area||Intercultural Management|
|Semester of degree program||Semester 5|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
On successful completion of the course, students:
- have developed an internationalization strategy
- have assessed market entry modes
- understand how to compare and select international target markets
- understand the operative export process
- have analyzed the most important decision situation and their determinants in international marketing (product, price, communication, and distribution decisions)
- understand how to use the internet for international sales activities
- understand the aspects and challenge of exporting services
The course "Export & International Business" provides a well-founded overview of the specifics of doing business in an international context. The contents are oriented on the main challenges and decision situation which companies face during their internationalization process.
- Internationalization decision and strategy;
- Identification of target markets and entry modes;
- International marketing; distribution, pricing and communication strategy;
- Export process, payment, financing and risk management
- E-business and export
- Service export
Branch, A. (2006): Export Practice and Management, 5th ed., London: Thomson.
Büter, C. (2010): Außenhandel: Grundlagen globaler und innergemeinschaftlicher Handelsbeziehungen, 2. Aufl., Heidelberg: Springer
Hollensen, S. (2010): Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach, 5th ed., Harlow: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
Sternad, D./Höfferer, M./Haber, G. (eds.) (2020): Grundlagen Export und Internationalisierung. 2nd ed. Wiesbaden: Springer Gabler.
Moderated group work, lecture, discussion, case work, guided interaction with multimedia representations
Cumulative module examination
The module grade is calculated weighted by the ECTS credits of the individual courses of the module and results as follows:
ILV "Export & International Business" - 2 ECTS
Assessment type: continuous assessment
- Class preparation and participation,
- Group work assignments
- Individual assignments
- written final examination