Italiano 5: Lingua academica e professionale (ILV)Back
|Specialization Area||Intercultural Management|
|Semester of degree program||Semester 5|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
On successful completion of the course, students:
- Familiarize themselves with the idiosyncrasies of an L2 study environment
- Adapt to the idiosyncracies of an L2 living and study environment
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning, especially on topics related to Italian culture and their field of specialisation
- Can express themselves fluently, spontaneously and appropriately without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
The course will cover the following topics/content:
- Living and studying in an L2 environment (Siena)
- Esame Unistrasi Siena
- Academic writing, discussion of academic and cultural texts and research relating to Italy and their field of specialization
- Writing for professional purposes, including correspondence, talking about professions and job experiences
- Giving an academic presentation
- Writing a business and research report
Cherubini, N. (2015): Convergenze: iperlibro di italiano per gli affari. Torino: Loescher Editore.
Costantino, A., Rivieccio, A. (2011): Obiettivo professione. Corso di italiano per scopi professionali. Torino. Bonacci Editore.
De Biaso, M., Garofalo, P. (2008): Mosaico Italia. Percorsi nella cultura e nella civiltà italiana (B2/C2). Roma. Edilingua.
A list of primary texts and websites will be handed out in the first session.
Moderated group work, lecture, discussion, individual exercises, role play, excursion (intensive language course in Siena)
Integrative module examination
Assessment type: continuous assessment
Assessment method/s at the level of the course "Italiano 5: Lingua academica e professionale":
- 20% class participation
- 20% final oral presentation
- 30% final written assignment
- 30% DaF-Prüfung Wien / Esame Unistrasi Siena