Special physiology and medical biochemistry (VO)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||German|
The students know the terminology and basics of medical biochemistry including biological macromolecules, their metabolism and functions in the cell or in the organism. The balance of biochemical operations and the control of these are understood. An understanding of metabolic pathways within the human body as well as in-vivo chemical reactions is obtained.
- Biological macromolecules (amino acids and proteins, bioenergetics and mechanisms of enzyme regulation, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleotides and nucleic acids)
- Metabolism, metabolites, hormones and endocrine control
- Water and electrolyte balance (kidney and urine)
- Acids and bases household and the buffer systems of the body
- Liver and energy metabolism
- Metabolism of the musculature
- Blood physiology
Zeeck A. et al. (2017), Chemie für Mediziner, Elsevier;
Mortimer C.E. (2015), Chemie: Das Basiswissen, Thieme;
Rassow J. et al. (2016), Biochemie - Duale Reihe, Thieme;
Books, journals and websites according to the current state of knowledge in the respective fields.