Integrated Circuits Technology (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
Goal of the course is to gain a solid understanding of Silicon based semiconductor devices, including the CMOS process flow, the wafer fab manufacturing process steps,as well as characterization, yield and reliability terms.
basic knowledge in physics, chemistry, mechanics and material science
The lectures provide an introduction to semiconductors and explain the fabrication facilities, the process technology steps with emphasis on CMOS technology, packaging, the fab-design interfaces as well as device reliability issues related to design.
Optionally excursions to semiconductor fabrication facilities are organized.
- S. Wolf, Microchip Manufacturing
- S. Wolf, Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era
- S.M. Sze, Semiconductor Devices
- J.B. Kuo, CMOS VLSI Engineering
- J.D. Plummer, Silicon VLSI Technology. Fundamentals, Practice and Modeling
12 lecturesExamples to be calculated during lecture additional homework examples
75% final exam25% homework