Internationally active companies and organizations are very demanding when they recruit new employees. They usually look for people who are multilingual, solution-oriented, possess a high degree of cultural awareness, and are both generalists and specialists at the same time. International Business Management offers both, a well-grounded general business education in an international context and the opportunity to immerse yourself in one out of three fields of specialization (International Marketing, International Human Resource Management or International Finance).
In this unique international master’s program, students acquire the management, leadership and functional skills for doing business in an international context, and will also master challenges of increasing complexity (e.g. case studies, simulations, research projects, or real-life consulting projects for companies) that allow them to acquire the problem-solving and interpersonal skills required in today’s globalized business environment.
Internationally recognized high-class education
A unique combination of generalist and specialist knowledge
International networks (including double degree possiblities)
Learning a new foreign language
Excellent conditions for studying
A great place to study and live
- business- or management-related Bachelor's degree or equivalent (with an adequate grade point average)
- language and communication skills in English (level C1)
- clear motivation to study and work in an international environment
- willingness and ability to lead and work in teams
- enjoyment of international and intercultural challenges
- plan, organize, and implement International business development strategies and processes
- recognize global and country-specific economic trends and their Impact on doing business in an international environment
- analyze and optimize the value chain (from supply chain management to marketing) of internationally active companies
- understand and develop intra- and interorganizational relationships, structures and processes
- create and execute business plans for international ventures
- communicate convincingly both orally and in written form in an intercultural context
- speak an additional foreign language
- understand the specifics of doing business in Central Eastern and South Eastern Europe
- professionally contribute to a business function in their field of specialization, International Marketing, International Human Resource Management or International Finance
- work independently and in teams to solve complex challenging managerial problems with the help of cross-functional business competences and personal development skills that students acquire during the program
€ 363.36 / semester
- Master of Arts in Business
€ 20.70 / semester
Stimulating and challenging academic environment
The International Business Management Master’s program at CUAS brings you into a very stimulating and challenging academic environment that you share with international classmates. It greatly develops your international management and personal competences. Case studies, projects, group work, real business scenarios and business simulations are the basis of the practical learning experience of this high-quality business education program – that is its true differentiating feature. International Business Management is a great opportunity and I would recommend it for anyone who is searching for a real practical international business and management education
Unlike in my previous university, the approach here is really personal and motivates me to study and achieve more. Our lecturers are very well-prepared professionals, among them Austrians and native English speakers. I would definitely recommend this program to everyone who strives for a position in management. The best management program in Austria awaits you, alongside a pleasant atmosphere at the CUAS building in Villach and the amazing nature here in Carinthia."
Characterized by a surprising level of professionalism
The cooperation with the students in our market research project was characterized by a surprising level of professionalism. At the final presentation, we had the impression we were facing an established agency rather than a group of students. A successful demonstration of the practically relevant education at Carinthia University of Applied Sciences.
strong practical orientation
The master’s degree program in International Business Management has a strong practical orientation which is highly important for potential employers. Together with a modern international management approach in teaching this master's program prepares students best for a career in the field of International Business Management."