Dear Students, Dear Colleagues,
We wish you a good start into the new academic year. In accordance with the current situation and based on the measures taken by the federal government, our crisis team will keep you informed about the current status and the behavioural guidelines at our university.
The following applies currently and to you for the start of your studies:
- Access to all campuses of the Carinthian University of Applied Sciences exclusively with the 3G rule. I.e. one of the following proofs is required:
- a negative antigen test (valid for a maximum of 48 hours). NOTE! Antigen rapid tests are also possible, after prior registration, at the respective campuses. Since 30.08.2021 these are again offered 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). The test is a lollipop test (saliva test), which you have to perform yourself under the guidance of trained staff. You can find the registration and the exact procedure at https://www.fh-kaernten.at/en/safeoncampus.
- a negative PCR test (valid for a maximum of 72 hours)
- Proof of a covid disease within the last 6 months in the form of a medical confirmation, or a segregation notice.
- Proof of a first partial Corona vaccination or second Corona vaccination.
- Proof of neutralising antibodies, which must not be older than three months.
- Please note that checks will be carried out and persons who cannot provide proof will be expelled from the attendance events.
- In order to facilitate the control procedure of the currently valid 3G-rule, it is possible for you to upload your vaccination or test certificate (only documents with QR code) at https://actions.fh-kaernten.at/egc/ in advance. Tests must be updated regularly according to their validity. This gives your course instructor the opportunity to check your current 3G certificate in advance.
- Distance and hygiene rules: Maintain a 1-metre distance in the entire area of the university. At present, masks are not compulsory on the campuses, except when the distance is less than 1 metre and in the health science courses. Please continue to observe the familiar hygiene rules (ventilation, hand washing, sneezing etiquette, etc.).
- For contact tracing in the event of a positive Covid case, there is now the "Campus QR" function via the Studo app. There is a QR-code on the tables in the lecture halls and seminar rooms as well as in other public places (library, refectory). Please log in at the table you are sitting at via the Studo app using the QR-code and log out again when you leave the location. Signing in and out is mandatory. You will find instructions on how to do this in the attached document.
- The campuses are closed and can only be opened with an access chip (= your student ID).
- FH Kärnten Sport: Sports courses in attendance may be held in compliance with the 3G rule.
If you have not yet been vaccinated against Covid19, we highly recommend that you make use of the public vaccination services in Austria. At the same time, we would like to thank all students who, with their willingness to be vaccinated, are already contributing to an active pandemic response in Austria and thus also to safe university operations.
We are in direct contact with the crisis team of the BMBWF every Friday and will continue to keep you informed of all news. If you have any questions, please contact coronainfo[at]fh-kaernten[dot]at. If you are a contact person, a suspected case, or a positively confirmed case, we ask you to report the situation to the reporting system of the federal government at https://www.fh-kaernten.at/en/fachhochschule/checklist on the homepage of the FH Kärnten.
Good luck in the new academic year! Stay healthy.
With best regards,
CUAS Crisis Management Team