Education & Training for Automation 4.0 in Thailand
|Run-Time||November/2019 - November/2022|
|Forschungsprogramm||Erasmus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education|
The East Economic Corridor (EEC) project, supported by the government in Thailand, aims to expand the entire region southeast of Bangkok into a modern industrial region over the next years (Thailand 4.0). The technologies used are intended to implement the principles of Industry 4.0 in order to develop a flagship Special Economic Zone in Thailand. The close connection of ICT with classic automation technologies in the sense of a digital transformation of Industry 4.0 (Automation 4.0) is therefore of particular importance for the efficient development in the EEC.
An essential basis for the implementation of the EEC project is the availability of highly qualified professionals who can develop, operate and maintain the relevant production, manufacturing and logistics technologies.
The ETAT project aims to create exemplary Education & Training Centers in the field of engineering education at selected EEC universities that are able to support as education hubs in the region industry-related education and training for engineers and young specialists. The following objectives are to be achieved with it:
• Modernization of higher education in Thailand based on the experience of EU countries;
• Increase the employment rate of university graduates and implement the concept of LLL with the help of training in Automation 4.0;
• Development of partnerships with enterprises;
• Improve the quality and relevance of higher education inThailand in Automation 4.0;
• Establishment of 6 certified ETAT Training Centers at Thai universities, which will be equipped with 24 special training places (4 ETAT Smart Labs per university)
• Establishmen of a platform for distance learning & cooperation for providing e-learing and for exchange of didactical documents and information.
ETAT Training Centers will be provided with teaching materials and certificated courses for different target groups (students, employees, post-graduates) as well as with the Thai trainers trained by EU Partners.
- EACEA: The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (Fördergeber/Auftraggeber)