As of May 4th, the main entrances and counter services (Study Info Centre/Villach and study administration) of the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences will be open again on the campuses in Spittal/Drau, Villach, Feldkirchen and Klagenfurt/Primoschagsse as well as Klagenfurt/St. Veiterstraße.
In this context we ask you to come to the University of Applied Sciences only in justified cases. This concerns the use of the lending service at the library from May 4th 2020 as well as the participation in attendance tests on campus and the holding of course/laboratory exercises from May 18th 2020 at the earliest. In any case, students must also observe the necessary rules of conduct and hygiene regulations. A handbook with the recommended hygiene measures for attendance courses and attendance examinations can be found here.
The summer semester 2020 and thus the course period officially ends on September 30th 2020, which means that courses as well as examinations and internships can take place during this period. The period from August 1st to August 31st 2020 is an exception to this rule; this period remains lecture-free.
For the FH/UAS sector and, thus, for the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, this step-by-step plan details that, as already communicated, teaching will continue to be performed as distance learning. The following process is planned to restart the operation of the University from the beginning of May:
- General teaching will continue to be carried out digitally or by means of distance learning until the end of June in accordance with the BMBWF's specifications.
- In the coming weeks, the individual degree study programs will plan how and when the “practical" courses that cannot be substituted online (e.g. laboratory exercises, etc.) can be offered this semester, possibly including the summer months. As soon as these plans are in place, you will be informed promptly.
- As far as possible, as already informed, examinations will take place online. For examination formats which cannot be designed digitally or “carried out in distance settings", examinations can be held at the university according to the BMBWF's specifications, whereby the corresponding conditions must be observed (this concerns above all hygiene, distance, limitation of the number of persons, mouth and nose protection). You will receive further and more detailed information as soon as possible how these examinations will be carried out.
- As already announced in last week's mail, a modified mode of operation is offered for the libraries at the different campuses of the FH/CUAS. You will receive the details in the week after Easter.
- Research will be continued and in those laboratories where research operations were largely discontinued, they will gradually be restarted - depending on local conditions and possibilities - in compliance with all of the safety and conduct rules and regulations.
- In regards to general, technical or administrative tasks, we will plan and implement a gradual return from the home office during the month of May to the extent necessary.
- There will be no events or conferences during this semester.
- Business trips abroad as well as excursions will also not take place this summer semester.
In all cases, the necessary rules of conduct (keeping distance, limiting the number of persons, mouth and nose protection, etc.) apply at the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences and we ask you to observe them consistently.
As announced, we will of course keep you up to date with the details concerning timetables, library, etc.
We wish you a pleasant rest of the Easter week and relaxing holidays. Stay healthy!
Helpful links and information material:
- Current overview of the Ministry of Social Affairs (BM for Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection)
- Status Quo in Carinthia (Province of Carinthia) https://katinfo.ktn.gv.at/
- The most important questions and answers (science.orf.at)
- Explanatory videos AGES (Ministry of Health)
- Travel information of the Foreign Ministry for all countries (BM for European and International Affairs)
- Telephone health advice/hotline:
Telephone number 1450 (7 days a week, 0 to 24 hours)
Infoline of the AGES on coronavirus: 0800 / 555 621 (7 days a week, 0 to 24 h)