Engineering Mechanics Selected Topics (ILV)Back
Dipl.-Ing. Dr. mont.Robert WERNER
|Course code||TMK 2|
|Semester of degree program||Semester 4|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||German|
The students are familiar with the basic concepts of mechanics of materials and are able to find analytical an numerical solutions to mechanics of materials problems.
The learned competences for solving engineering mechanics problems are:
1. Defining the engineering problem.
2. Construction of a mechanical replacement model for reasons of simplification.
3. Analytical and numerical solution of the engineering mechanics problem by using the replacement model.
4. Discussion and interpretation of the general analytical solution (discussion of specific cases).
Engineering Mechanics and Construction
1. Tension and compression in beams and bars
2. Biaxial and tiaxial state of stress
3. Biaxial and tiaxial state of deformation, linear stress-strain relation, failure theories
4. Linear elastic bending theory of beams
5. Torsion of beams with a circular cross-section
6. Dimensioning and designing of simple structures subjected to combined loading (tension/compression, bending and torsion) by using failure theories
7. Exercises or laboratory experiment related to above topics
 Gross, Hauger, Schröder, Wall: Technische Mechanik 2 - Elastostatik, Springer Verlag, 2007.
 R. C. Hibbeler: Technische Mechanik 2 - Festigkeitslehre, Pearson Verlag, 2013.
 Hauger, Krempaszky, Wall, Werner: Aufgaben zu Technische Mechanik 1-3, Springer Verlag, 2017.
 Gross, Ehlers, Wriggers: Formeln und Aufgaben zur Technischen Mechanik 2, Springer Verlag, 2007.
Classroom lectures, exercises or lab report