Export and International Business (ILV)Back
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr.Dietmar Sternad , BSc MBA
|Specialization Area||Intercultural Management|
|Semester of degree program||Semester 4|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
- Developing an internationalization strategy.
- Assessing market entry modes.
- Comparing and selecting international target markets.
- Understanding the operative export process.
- Analyse the most important decision situation and their determinants in international marketing (product, price, communication, and distribution decisions).
Successful completion of the course "fundamentals of Marketing
The course "Export and International Business provides a well-founded overview of the specifics of doing business in an international context. The contents are oriented on the main challenges and decision situation which companies face during their internationalization process.
- The decision to internationalize
- Developing an internationalization strategy
- Assessment and choice of target markets
- Market entry modes
- Product decisions in international marketing
- The choice of the distribution strategy
- International pricing and communication strategy
- The operative export process
- Payment procedures in international business
- Export financing and risk management
Albaum, G. & Duerr, E. (2011). International Marketing & Export Management. 7th ed. Harlow: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
Branch, A. (2006). Export Practice and Management, 5th ed., London: Thomson.
Hollensen, S. (2010). Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach, 5th ed., Harlow: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
Jim Sherlock/Jonathan Reuvid (2008): The Handbook of International Trade: A Guide to the Principles & Practice of Export (2nd edition). London: GMB Publishing.
Seyoum, B. (2013). Export-Import Theory, Practices, and Procedures. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Routledge.
Lecture, discussion, case studies, group work
Final written examination 50%
Individual class preparation & participation 30%