Fundamentals of Human Resources Managment (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 2|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
Upon completion of the course, students:
- are able to analyse human resource management issues within a company setting;
- understand changing social conditions and their impact on the work of the human resource department;
- understand the strategic significance of human resource management as an essential component of business management;
- learn about the tools and instruments of staff planning, recruitment, staff motivation, staff appraisal, staff pay, staff retention and staff reduction;
- are able to work in teams, having worked on a joint topic related to staff management.
Introduction to goals, tasks, strategies and methods of human resource management.
Changing social and strategic factors which influence human resource management as a fundamental component of business management.
In addition to strategic aspects, processes and instruments of staff planning, personal marketing and recruitment, staff appraisal, the creation of payment schemes, staff leadership and staff reduction are focused on.
Cook, M. (2016): Personnel Selection: Adding Value Through People - A Changing Picture, 6th edition, Wiley-Blackwell
Mathis, R.L, Jackson, J. H. & Valentine, S. R. (2013): Human Resource Management, 2nd edition, South Western
Noe, R., Hollenbeck, J., Gerhart, B. & Wright, P. (2015): Fundamentals of Human Resource Management. 6th edition, McGraw-Hill Education
Written examination, project work, participation