Public Relations (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 4|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
After successful completion of the course, students can:
- explain the concepts and functions of PR,
- describe the key tools of press and media relations (press releases, press conferences, press materials) as well as the integration of paid media,
- discuss the main elements to consider when organizing a press conference,
- independently organize a press conference,
- analyze the key components of a PR concept (objectives, target groups, strategies and messages, methods, budget),
- develop a PR concept tailored to specific business situations.
Completion of the following course: Principles of Marketing (2nd semester)
- Public Relations - Definition, objectives and responsibilities
- PR tools
- Crisis communication
- Communication with important reference groups
- Development of a PR concept
Jacquie L'Etang(2007) Public Relations: Concepts, Practice and Critique. Sage.
R Tench, L Yeomans (2009) Exploring public relations. Pearson.
JE Grunig (2013) Excellence in public relations and communication management. Routledge
The course content is developed by alternating presentations of the course director and working on case studies from practice.