Business Intelligence (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 3|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
On completion of the course the students will be able to:
understand the role and importance of business intelligence in multinational companies
understand the supporting role of information technology for business intelligence
think critically about data that is presented as the basis for making managerial decisions
apply business intelligence principles to business situations
recommend business intelligence principles and practices for supporting managerial decision-making in multinational companies
- Introduction to the concept of business intelligence
- The role of data management and business intelligence in multinational companies
- Business analytics and data mining concepts
- Business intelligence applications
- Emerging trends in business intelligence
- Selected tools and methods of business intelligence
- Application of business intelligence principles in a business case
Grossmann, W. & Rinderle-Ma S. (2015). Fundamentals of Business Intelligence. Berlin: Springer.
Provost F. & Fawcett T. (2013). Data Science for Business. Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly Media.
Russell M. A. (2014) Mining the Social Web. 2nd ed. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly Media.
Laudon, K. C. & Price Laudon, K. (2011). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm. 12th revised ed. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited.
Ralston, B. (2011). Powerpivot for Business Intelligence Using Excel and Sharepoint. New York, NY: Apress.
Davenport T.H. (2014). Big Data @ Work. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press.
LeBlanc P., Moss J.M., Sarka D., & Chinchilla J. (2015). Applied Microsoft Business Intelligence. Indianapolis: John Wiley & Sons.
Lecture, discussion, case studies