Slovene 1 (CEF A1) (UE)Back
|Course code||Slov 1|
|Semester of degree program||Semester 1|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
This course is an introduction to the Slovene language where students
will acquire the basics of the language and learn to use grammar (verb,
noun, adjective) and vocabulary independently in everyday and work
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
* form simple sentences
* introduce themselves / others
* give personal information e.g. telephone number, date of birth
* react in basic social situations
The following topics will be covered:
Introduction to Slovene (language characteristics, pronunciation, spelling rules, phonetics)
Grammar basics (nouns, verb "to be", regular verbs and irregular verbs in present tense, noun and adjective in 1st and 4th case)
Regional and cultural introduction to Slovenia
Simple everyday conversation topics including introducing oneself, asking for professions, nationalities, countries, telling the time, as well as the topics days of the week, months, seasons and numbers.
- Rigler Šilc K./Volavšek Kurasch N. (2010): Poslovna slovenščina. Ljubljana: Debora.
-Jemec Škoda M./Finžgar P./Malovrh A./ Perš D./Rajgel U./ Volk T./ Rajh M.: Pons splošni nemško-slovenski slovar. Ljubljana: Pons.
- Črnivec, L. (2002): Slovnične preglednice slovenskega jezika. Ljubljana: Filozofska fakulteta.
- Jenko, E. M. (2000): Grammatik der slowenischen Sprache. Klagenfurt/Celovec : Drava.
Discussions, individual exercises, group work, language-oriented, learner-oriented, task-oriented and intercultural role plays.
participation (30%), midterm exam (30%), final exam - written (40%)