Evidence-based practice including practice reflection Group 3 (ILV)Back
FH-Prof. Dr.Marco Kachler , BSc LL.M.
FH-Prof. Mag.a Dr.inAstrid Paulitsch-Fuchs
|Semester of degree program||Semester 4|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||German|
The students are aware of the importance of scientific work, they can relate to their own professional activity and understand the significance of a scientific attitude for all occupational areas in the sense of evidence-based action. They have a critical understanding of clinical experience. They can distinguish between internal and external evidence and integrate them into the problem-solving process as well as recognize and question self-deception processes. They are able to justify their professional choices by, in particular, finding, assessing and using scientific evidence from external sources. They also have the ability to critically address a health-related problem in the context of biomedical analytics, i.e. on the basis of a problem, they can independently derive a profession-specific question, formulate hypotheses and work according to scientific methods.They are in a position to conduct and document a well-founded literature research, to understand and critically evaluate original and review articles, and finally to make the results of this process usable in health care. They can present their own research results in a comprehensible and well-founded way, as well as suitable for a publication (e.g. manuscript, poster or lecture presentation) and reflect their own research process critically; they also can identify and articulate problems regarding the deviation from the research logical structure and, if necessary, offer alternative solutions.
Modules of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd semester
- Professional reasoning and evidence-based practice (EbP) in biomedical analysis (professional reasoning and forms of reasoning , internal evidence, external evidence, decision-making under uncertainty, method of EbP for biomedical analysis including literature research and documentation)
- Critical evaluation of study design in terms of credibility, validity and applicability of individual (German and English) publications (Journal Club)
- Disciplinary and interdisciplinary case studies / discussions on relevant questions of biomedical analysis in a clinical context
- Supervision, reflection, documentation and presentation of the internship (practice reflection)
- Framework for proseminar paper (process of finding a topic, question and objective, formal and content related requirements, criteria for the presentation of scientific work; counseling in the individual phases, clarification of theoretical / content, methodological and formal questions; discussion of problems and difficulties in writing the thesis term paper)
Bortz J. & Döring N. (2006), Forschungsmethoden und Evaluation für Human- und Sozialwissenschaftler, Springer;
Flick U. (2015), Introducing Research Methodology, Sage;
Schnell R. et al. (2011), Methoden der empirischen Sozialforschung, Oldenbourg;
Flick U. (2009), Sozialforschung. Methoden und Anwendungen. Ein Überblick für die BA-Studiengänge, Rowohlt;
Mayring P. (2015), Qualitative Inhaltsanalyse: Grundlagen und Techniken, Beltz;
Books, journals and websites according to the current state of knowledge in the respective fields.
Lectures, group exercises, reflections, discussions