Public Relations (ILV)Back
|Semester of degree program||Semester 2|
|Mode of delivery||Presencecourse|
|Language of instruction||English|
- can explain the term and fields of activity of public relations.
- explain important instruments of press and media relations (press releases, press conferences, press materials) as well as paid PR instruments in media.
- independently organize the most important tasks in the organization of a press conference.
- explain the essential elements of a PR concept (PR goals and PR target groups, strategy and messages, measures, PR budget).
- develop a PR concept adapted to the respective initial situation of companies.
The course "Public Relations" covers the following topics/contents:
- Public Relation - concept, goals and tasks and instruments.
- Instruments of public relations
- Crisis communication
- Communication with important reference groups
- Development of a PR concept
Puttenat, D. (2007): Praxishandbuch Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit. Eine Einführung in professionelle PR und Unternehmenskommunikation, Wiesbaden: Springer-Gabler.
Szameitat, D. (2003): Public Relations in Unternehmen. Ein Praxis-Leitfaden für die Öffentlichkeitsarbeit, 2003, Berlin et al.: Springer Gabler.
Additional authentic materials will be provided by the lecturer and made available and adapted to student needs.
Recommended reading and reference works:
Business Spotlight Magazine (https://www.business-spotlight.de/)
Harvard Business Review (https://hbr.org./)
TED Talks (www.ted.com)
Presentation guru (https://www.presentation-guru.com/)
Moderated group work, lecture, discussion, reflection paper, lecture by and discussion with business experts
Cumulative module examination
The module grade is calculated weighted by the ECTS credits of the individual courses of the module and results as follows:
ILV "Public Relations" - 1 ECTS Credit
Assessment type: Continuous assessment
Assessment method/s: Participation in class, group work, preparation and realization of a press conference